Font size Bigger | Reset | Smaller |



New Website Coming Soon.


Please note, the Administrative Office is transitioning systems. A NEW website will be coming soon.

Annual Dependent Re-Enrollment – Coverage Effective 1/1/2018


The 2018 Annual Dependent Re-Enrollment and annual notices packet has been mailed. Completed enrollment forms must be signed and returned (via mail, fax or email) to the Administrative office by November 23, 2017. A...

[ Read More ]

News & Updates

Your New Trust Administrator – BeneSys, Inc.


The Idaho Pipe Trades Trust has selected BeneSys, as the new Health and Welfare and Pension Plan Administrator effective October 1, 2015.

 What does this mean to you?

 These things have remained the same:

[ Read More ]


Here are some frequently asked questions and answers to help guide you through your benefit plans and what to do when you have a major life event change.  Clicking on the question will provide you with a specific answer or link you directly to the section of this site that addresses the question. 

Health & Welfare

How do I get in touch with the Trust Office?

You can call us Monday through Friday 8:00am-6:00pm MT at 208.288.1610 or Toll Free 1.800.808.1687.

When do I first become eligible for coverage?

To first become eligible you must work at least 300 covered hours within no more than five (5) consecutive months.  After a one month lag 140 hours are deducted from your hour bank.

Summary Plan Description

How do I maintain my coverage?

140 covered hours are required in each month to continue coverage.  Amounts over that will remain in your hour bank up to 560 hours. If you do not have enough hours, you have the option to continue coverage by making timely payments to the Trust Office. If you have questions about maintaining your coverage or how to make a payment, please call us at 208.288.1610 or Toll Free 1.800.808.1687.

Where can I obtain and submit a health plan enrollment form?

You may obtain an enrollment form here or by contacting the Trust Office at 208.288.1610 or Toll Free 1.800.808.1687. Send the completed form to 1220 SW Morrison St., Suite 300, PortlandOR 97205-2222.  Please be sure to include a copy of your marriage certificate if you are adding a spouse and birth certificates for adding children.

How do I know if I am eligible for health coverage this month?

You can call the Trust Office at 208.288.1610 or Toll Free 1.800.808.1687, Monday through Friday 7:00 am – 6:00 pm Mountain Time.

I am moving. How should I provide my new address?

You can complete a change of address form by CLICKING HERE and send the completed form to the Trust Office at 1220 SW Morrison Street, Suite 300, Portland, Oregon 97205-2222 or Fax to 208.288.1670.

We just had a baby. How do I enroll my newborn in the health plan?

To enroll your newborn, complete the enrollment form within 60  days of your baby’s birth and send the completed form to the Trust Office at 1220 SW Morrison Street, Suite 300, Portland, Oregon 97205-2222 or fax to 208.288.1670. You may have an additional 30 days to submit the legal documentation (birth certificate).

I’m getting married. How do I add my new spouse to my health coverage?

To enroll your new spouse, complete the enrollment form within 60 days of your date of marriage and send the completed form to the Trust Office at 1220 SW Morrison Street, Suite 300, Portland, Oregon 97205-2222 or fax to 208.288.1670. You may have an additional 30 days to submit the legal documentation (marriage certificate).

What do I do if I get a divorce?

You must notify the Trust Office immediately in the event of your divorce.  Any benefit payments made by the Plan on behalf of an ineligible Dependent will be your responsibility.  Failure to notify the Trust Office of a divorce will be considered an omission that constitutes fraud and an intentional misrepresentation of a material fact that is prohibited by the terms of the Plan. If you do not notify the Trust office of your divorce, the Plan may recover any payments made for claims incurred by your former spouse after your divorce.  

I lost my ID card. Where can I get a replacement?

Call Blue Cross of Idaho at 208-331-7347 or Toll Free 1-800-627-1188 for your Medical, Dental, Vision ID Card or go to their website at to order a replacement card. Call OptumRx at 1-800-797-9791 to order a replacement card for prescriptions. 

How much is my Health Plan deductible?

Please refer to the Summary Plan Description for your current year deductible and out of pocket. 

How do I find a doctor?

You can find an in-network doctor on the Blue Cross of Idaho website or by calling BlueCard Network Access at 1.800.810.2583 for network providers outside of Idaho.

Do I have to use an in-network doctor?

If you use an out of network provider, your claims will be paid at a different percentage rate (See page 20-21 of the SPD) for Medical Benefit Highlights.

Where can I fill my prescription?

OptumRx provides a network of participating retail pharmacies and the mail order pharmacy program.  To view a complete list of participating pharmacies visit the OptumRx website at or by calling the OptumRx Help Desk 800.797.9791.

How do I find a dentist?

You can find an in-network dentist on the Blue Cross of Idaho website or by calling BlueCard Network Access at 1.800.810.2583 for network providers outside of Idaho.

How do I find a vision provider?

You can find an in-network vision doctor on the Blue Cross of Idaho website  or by calling BlueCard Network Access at 1.800.810.2583 for network providers outside of Idaho. The website will link you to VSP for the in-network vision providers. 

I have been covered on the Plan for awhile; will my dependents automatically remain covered as long as I am?

The Trust office will mail an Annual Enrollment Form to you in October.  You must complete, sign and return the annual form to the Administrative Office no later than November 30th each year in order for your dependents to be covered in the next calendar year.

My spouse is becoming eligible for her employer’s insurance plan next month, should she enroll on that coverage or can she just stay on my coverage?

If your spouse works at least 20 hours per week or 80 hours per month and has group health coverage available through an employer but does not elect that coverage, your Spouse will not be considered an Eligible dependent on the IPTT Plan.  This applies whether or not your Spouse must pay for the other coverage. You are required to notify the trust of any changes in your dependent’s eligibility for or enrollment in another plan by completing the appropriate enrollment form. For reporting health coverage availability or enrollment, please complete the Health & Welfare Plan Change Form located here.  For more information please refer to page 8 of the SPD.


I am ready to retire, what do I need to know?

In order for your pension benefit to start you will need to notify the Plan Administrator's Office at least 90 days before your benefit will begin. You may contact the Trust office to request an application form.  At the time that you apply for your pension benefit it will be required that you provide satisfactory evidence of your age. The most satisfactory evidence is a copy of your birth certificate. If you are married, it will be necessary for you to provide evidence of your spouse’s birth date, similar in nature to that required for yourself, as well as proof of marriage. If you have been divorced, you will need to submit a copy of the divorce decree or QDRO.

How soon can I retire if I want to retire before the normal retirement age of 62?

Benefits may begin on the first day of the month specified in your Pension Application, but no earlier than the month following the month in which you turn 57 for Early Retirement and Special Early Retirement, and 55 for Rule of 85 Retirement..

Is my retirement benefit reduced if I retire early?

Generally speaking, the benefit is reduced for retirements prior to age 62. However, there are exceptions to this rule. Please refer to your Plan booklet for additional guidelines.

If I receive a Social Security Award under the Federal Social Security Act does that make me eligible for a disability pension through the Pension Plan?

If you have become permanently disabled by a bodily injury, disease, or mental disorder incurred while you were employed or available for employment in the jurisdiction of the Union, and have earned at least 501 Covered Hours in the Plan Year you became permanently disabled (or in either of the two previous Plan Years), and have a written determination from the Social Security Administration of total and permanent disability and a disability onset date, you will be eligible for a disability benefit.  A Social Security Disability may be evidence of your disability but will not be the sole criteria to determine if you will receive a disability pension. For a more detailed explanation, please refer to your Plan Booklet.

How often will I receive a Pension Statement from the Plan Administrator?

You will continue to receive your Pension Statement on an annual basis.  Please be sure to update the Trust office with your change of address if you move.

If I die prior to retirement is there death benefit?

Yes, please refer to your Summary Plan Description.

Can I put money into my Pension Fund?

This Plan is funded through employer contributions.  Your employer pays contributions, per a collective bargaining agreement, to finance the Plan.  No contributions are required by or permitted from you.